Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Letters in Friendship #2: Dear Katherine (December 2011)


Dear Katherine,


I admit that this letter writing may be my most brilliant idea to date. I squealed out loud when I found your most recent one in my p.o. box this morning. I nearly gave poor Ms. Orgish, my ninety year old neighbor, a heart attack. She actually lectured me on how unlady like I was behaving, if you can believe that.


Though it has been hard starting over, I am glad that I moved here. The weather this time of year is just lovely. The locals keep telling me to prepare for the cold front, which to Central Texans translates to temps in the 40’s. I know you may not believe me but I do miss the snow a little bit--especially the first of the season. It's weird seeing Christmas lights and hearing carols on the radio while I'm wearing a t shirt and flip flops.


I’ve also been burying myself in my work, which I love by the way. The new job is so much more challenging and fulfilling than my job at the FBI. The people I work with are nice but I haven't really made many friends. One of the soldiers, a doctor, grew up in Northern Virginia. We sometimes sit and talk about home and the joys and sorrows that go along with being a medical doctor for the military. His wife passed away last year leaving him and his three sweet boys behind. His mother had been helping out with the kids but her health is failing and he worries about how he will do his job and support his boys at the same time. It's very sad. He is the only real friend that I have out here, which is why he is in so many of my photos. “Hunkiness” aside we are just friends.


I would love to have you come visit next month! You would just love the outdoor graffiti art gallery in Austin. It's ever changing and evolving. It makes me think of you every time I go there. It’s a bit of a trek but totally worth it.


I miss you and Jason. One night I was feeling particularly lonely and down on myself and I watched an SNL episode on Netflix. Dan Aykroyd came on Weekend Update and I cried.  Jason really does the best impression of him. God, he would have us laughing so hard that we would be in tears, nearly wetting ourselves. I don’t know if my loneliness is clouding the memories, but it seemed like that time was one of the best of my life. It was lovely wasn’t it?


Tell Jason to hurry up with the new book. I'm anxious to read it. Cliff hangers are cruel! Buy the tickets for any time and I'll work around it. I can't wait to see you.


Love always,
Ellie

Dear Readers, please let me know what you think about this new letter writing series. As long as there is interest I will be writing a letter a week up until the launch of the first book in the Syndicate Series, Red on the Run.
1) Letter One: Dear Ellie (December 2011)

2) Letter Two: Dear Katherine (December 2011)

I also have a series of open ended letters to the characters in my head that I have linked below. Finally, be sure you sign up for the mailing list. The last letter will go out to mailing list subscribers only. 


 For up to date information on book releases, sales and opportunities to get free copies of books:

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Do you want to be a Beta Reader?
Email Format

No comments:

Post a Comment