Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Tale of two Cities: Who will be the most supportive city?

To celebrate the kickoff for my free days this month (May 20-21; 24; 27-28) and to celebrate my book being out for two months I am running a fun little competition to see which city offers me the most support as an author; Austin or Detroit.


Detroit
I am a proud born and raised Detroiter. I grew up on the city's Eastside and stayed there for the first 22 years of my life. Seasons was conceived of in Detroit in 1997. I had a little bit of a fan following for me to complete the novel then, but that wasn't in the cards for me at the time. I have a few nods to my hometown in Seasons. I mention a coffee shop in Harper Woods by where my parents live now. I also have my main character Alex visit Detroit on business. Alex is also a HUGE Detroit Tigers fan, as am I.

Detroit fans and followers show your support by sharing, liking, following my posts and by clicking on this link to download Seasons for FREE. Detroit Fan



Austin
My husband and I moved to Austin 11 years ago for work. I have discovered a very supportive and encouraging community in Austin.This year, with the support of my close knit group of friends, I completed, Seasons at last!  I have an amazing team of people that helped to make this dream possible. I don't have any Austin nods in Seasons, but my character, Katherine, does make a trip to Aransas Pass, TX and another moves to San Antonio, TX.

Austin fans and followers show your support by sharing, liking, following my post and by clicking on this link to download Seasons for FREE. Austin Fan. 

May the best city win!

No comments:

Post a Comment