Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Don't fail to try


(Wednesday Women Writers Blog Entry) 

Samuel Beckett had the right idea. To be successful in any endeavor you can't be afraid of failure. Growing up I would often go to the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village where Thomas Edison's Menlo Park laboratory is on display. It always stood out to me that Edison, a famous inventor, failed again and again and again before he finally got it right. 

I started this journey toward authorship this last fall, which means that I am coming up on my one year anniversary of being a writer. I have made lots of mistakes and failed in lots of ways. Through every failure I have learned valuable lessons. Over the last few months I have begun to make improvements upon my business practices as well as my technical writing skills.

Don't fail to try. Instead embrace the fail and each try, fail better. The road to success is littered with both small and epic failures. What have you failed at? What did you learn? 



KM Hodge is the author of The Syndicate Series. Book #1, Seasons is available on Amazon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment